Monday, September 17, 2007

For adventure

Some of you may know that I have been wanting to take off to Europe for a while, and it's slowly evolved from a very rigidly structured tour package (last year), into a less structured but still decently planned block of time, into a still somewhat structured but less so open ended thing, which is pretty much where it is now.

Well it's official. I'm leaving this Thursday (September 20th) to start in Dublin, Ireland, and from there work my way around the bulk of Western Europe to see, to photograph, to meet people, and of course, to eat deliciously. My one-way-ticket means I don't know how long I'll be gone. I'm gonna miss you guys terribly, but I'll figure out some kind of blog or thing you can keep checking once in a while.

Dublin, Ireland
Scotland
London, Britain
Paris, France

^ Those are planned out so far. Below are the things I want to see too, but are not rigidly planned.

Brussels, Belgium
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Berlin, Germany
Vienna, Austria
Zurich and Lichtenstein
Florence/Rome, Italy - I imagine I would stay here a while.
Athens, Greece - Possibly a bit here too
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Madrid, Spain
Lisbon, Portugal

Aye, quite a long list. It's bound to change at any time. Maybe I'll feel like not visiting a certain area, or I've scratched my travel itch halfway. At any rate, I'll probably be gone for a while, and would love to see some of you out there if you feel like you're also itching for some travel, if you can afford to ditch responsibilities...

Also, if you happen to know relatives or friends out there, I'd love to know. If anything, it'd be fun to meet more people along the way~

I'll leave you with this, cuz my friend Andrew sung that one famous line, and I thought it seemed to fit. This isn't the original, but I thought it was sung beautifully.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwRurNsNXcY

Take care of yourselves, and I'll see you when I get back!

Chris


Next, the Pregame...

No comments: