Monday, January 14, 2008

Access Denied

I was denied a visa for Vietnam going back the 2nd time. After visiting Ankor Wat in Siem Reap (will post about that later) I took a bus back to Vietnam and was given the news that I would not be able to enter Vietnam and would have to go back to Cambodia. Right now, I'm in Phnom Phen and will fly out of here to Manila sometime tomorrow. I'm right across from the American Embassy, so if shit hits the fan, I'm sure I'll be able to make it over there with some appendages intact.

On the good news, I got to see these crazy Cambodian flies swarm street lights on the way back to Phenom Phen. There were SO many of them, it looked like snow that would not fall to the ground, just swirling all around the lights, the cars, the people. The only crappy part is when they land on you. After brushing them off for the umpteenth time, it gets annoying.



Let's have a round of thanks!

Thanks to Jenni for helping my cousins and I arrive safely in Ho Chi Minh and find a cheap, good hotel. And also for pointing us to the most awesome Vietnamese restaurant ever.

Thanks to Jenni's friends (like Zoe and so many other cool people whose names I can't remember, as usual) for helping me get back to the hotel when I didn't have any money or clue where I was in Ho Chi Minh.

Thanks to the people at Cu Chi Tunnels for letting me shoot at wooden animal targets with everyone's favorite terrorist and 3rd world country assault rifle, the awesome Kalashnikov model automatic rifle of 1947, more affectionately known to the world as the AK-47. BTW, if you go there and shoot, bring your own ear protection. Closed ear headphones are NOT sufficient, you crazyass Vietnamese soldiers! Thanks for being cool anyway.

Thanks to the people at Rainbow Adventure for making this event entirely possible. Without you guys, I wouldn't be stuck in Cambodia wishing evil bastardly things on you. When I come back, I promise to slap you all upside the head.

With my elbows.



And finally, thanks to Kim for being awesome company. Makes me glad I went to Vietnam.

No comments: